I LOVE Falafel!
Those tiny chickpeas & herbs balls are SO delicious and healthy I can eat them all day long 🙂
Yesterday I made us (me & babe) yummy Falafel dinner and in this post I gonna share all the recipes with you.
Our Falafel dinner have 3 main dishes:
- Yummy green baked Falafel balls
- Spicy fresh tomatoes salsa
- Healthy Tahini paste
Just from thinking about it i starting to be hungry…
so, without further due, let’s begin!
Yummy green baked Falafel balls
- 1 cup of dried chickpeas
- 1 onion
- 2 cups of chopped mix herbs (Cilantro, Parsley)
- 7 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp of Tahini
- 3 tbsp of bread crumbs or healthy flour (brown rice, teff, buckwheat or sorghum)
- salt, pepper & cumin
How To Prepare
- Put the chickpeas into a large bowl and cover them with cold water and let them soak overnight
- Put the soaked chickpeas, herbs onion & garlic into food processor and mix till you get
- spicy it up salt, pepper and 0.5 – 1 tsp of cumin
- add the Tahini and bread crumbs/healthy flour and continue to mix till you receive mixture that can hold it self but not too smooth like in the picture below
- heat the oven to 220°C (428°F)
- grease a large rimmed baking sheet with 2 tbsp of the oil
- create small patties from the mixture and place them in the baking sheet
- brush them with little bit of olive oil on top and put them in the oven
- bake for about 10-15 minutes until golden all over
Fresh Tomatoes Salsa
- chop 2 tomatoes, 0.5 cup of Cilantro & green onion
- mix them together and squeeze 0.5 lemon on top
- add salt & pepper and enjoy!
Healthy Tahini Paste
In small bowl mix:
- 3 tbsp of Tahini
- juice from 0.5 lemon
- cold water (about 0.25 of a cup)
mix it all together till you receive smooth & silky Tahini paste.